The Song of My Story

I love stories. I am drawn to them. Typically the hero story and more specifically, in movie format. I think this resonates with me because it is a reflection of THE story; HIS story. The story we all wake to find ourselves in the middle of. Like all stories there is a beginning, a deception/problem a struggle to return thing to how it should be and just when all hope seems lost, salvation comes. This is our story.

Music has always been a close second and has even taken the top spot sometimes. Songs are a great way for my short attention span to grapple with the various parts of the story of life. They encapsulate certain thoughts or feelings that I could never write. Some songs express the deepest calls of my heart in a neat 4 minutes.

I am not a music historian, nor would I call myself well versed in the who’s who of the songwriting elite. There is one songwriter however, whose lyrics reach into me unlike any other. That is Jon Foreman from Switchfoot. His works, whether it is with Switchfoot, his side project Fiction Family or his solo releases, speak more to my heart, soul and longings then I can explain.

If you want to know more about me, listen to his music.

Recently he presented at a TEDx event about living the song that is in you. Watch as he explains this, once again, better then I could.

I could not agree more. We all have a song and a story in us.

We have a purpose.

Live it.

Comments